- MEDICAL CAMPS. (Optical and Dental)
These involve initial check-ups and tests that lead on to further work or operations if so required. The camps are open to all and all costs are covered, including food for the day.
- FIRST AID TRAINING.
- DISABILITY PROJECTS. These include:
Mobility Sponsorship (eg. Wheelchairs and Hand Powered Tricycles).
- Self Sustainability (eg. Geetha’s shop in Mamallapuram or Muthu and Vijay rural outreach project, see Project Focus page).
- In the future we aim to open our Orphanage up to the disabled, through enhancing disabled access etc.
- SANITATION PROJECTS
JRDT has undertaken the construction of toilet units, toilet blocks and sanitation units for schools, rural communities and financially deprived households over many districts of Tamil Nadu.
- LEGAL AID AND AWARENESS CAMPS
Legal experts give talks and discussion on such subjects as the Anti-dowry Act, Public Welfare Schemes, the Widow Act, Children Act, Domestic Act etc. These camps are more often than not run for women only, being that historically they were often legally sidelined.
- COMMUNITY BUILD PROJECTS
Such as the construction of boundary walls for school playgrounds.
- AFTER SCHOOL SUPPORT PROGRAMME
Regular extra-curricular classes for local children to help build on such subjects as English in order to assist with the given subject at school and to help achieve better career options for the future.
- EDUCATION PROJECTS
Volunteers to the trust have undertaken educational classes in local schools, such as English and Dance. We are open to further ideas and offers in this area.